TOWER CENTER ARTS DISTRICT
Tower Center Arts District brings together Bartlesville’s downtown arts and cultural offerings by centering and promoting activities around the Bartlesville Community Center; Price Tower Arts Center; Bartlesville Public Library and Tower Center at Unity Square. These entities which promote performing arts; visual arts and literary arts are united by a beautiful urban green space.
The cultural district seeks to:
- Increase public awareness of and access to visual, performance, and literary arts
- Enhance and expand arts and cultural programming
- Support the local art and culture community
- Foster a community spirit that encourages creativity and engages citizens in the arts
- Use our cultural assets to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life of the community
Many free, public events have taken place within the District during the past ten years. Art based events such as Art Walk, Ghost Walk, OKM Music Festival, Downtown Spooktacular, HOT Street Party and Oklahoma Indian Summer have been planned by local business owners, arts leaders and young professionals to provide family-friendly entertainment to locals and visitors alike.
In the future, the boundaries of the district, which were defined by the Bartlesville City Council, will expand to include more and more downtown businesses and attractions. During public events, the business community is encouraged to keep their downtown restaurants and businesses open so that patrons can shop and dine locally. Opportunities for businesses to open pop-up-shops during public events at Unity Square will also be available. These business incentives will generate economic growth for Bartlesville.
To the citizens of Bartlesville
And our sponsors: